Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Magical Merrigold #5

He didn’t look like a genius, he looked more like the dull jock type. Strong jaw line, broad shoulders, sandy styled hair - baseball hero build, not math wizz kid. Regardless, I still found myself drawn to him. From the moment he walked into my classroom, I was fascinated. He is the type of boy I would have daydreamed about when I was in the 10th grade.

What was this beauty doing in my Advanced Calculus class?

A couple of class periods passed and it became evident, that he was bright. He was quick in his calculations and imaginative with his problem solving style. As one of the more personable students in class I looked foward to seeing him each day. Slowly he dissolved from the boy I daydreamed about in highschool, into the man I dreamt about now.

Although I did say I was initially drawn to him, I swear I never had any intentions of pursuing that attraction. I can’t explain how/what/why it happened; I was naïve to the whole process. The next thing I knew we were in love. I hate the thought of him seducing me, or I seduced him, I like to think that it was some sort of serendipitous plan guided by the angels.

Thus far we’ve been successful at keeping our secret. This makes me glad, but at the same time it kills me. I want to shout on a mountaintop, "I’ve finally found the man I want to spend me life with!" I want us to be one of those PDA couples at the movie theatre and bring him home for thanksgiving dinner. Sadly, we have been deemed taboo. We can't share the same luxuries as every other couple.

So, we wait. For the semester to end, for the 18th birthday, for the next secret loving making rendezvous. Why must we hide? Why must we wait? How can anyone tell me this is wrong, when nothing in my life has ever felt so right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home